The group was formed recently (2021) and is currently made of two members of the Mathematics Department and one member of the Department of Economics and Management, besides PhD students and postdocs. The group's interest is in the study of theoretical aspects of mathematical statistics and their applications in the field of data science and machine learning/artificial intelligence. In particular, the group is active in the field of modern inferential approaches for complex and high dimensional data, taking inspiration from and proposing innovative solutions to, real problems in applied fields such as environment, finance and genomics. The group has an international reputation in robust statistics, computational statistics, penalised inference, graphical models, network science, entropy-based distributional approaches and statistical data depth.
- Claudio Agostinelli - Full Professor (group coordinator)
- Pier Luigi Novi Inverardi - Associate Professor (Dipartimento di Economia e Management)
- Veronica Vinciotti - Associate Professor
- Mario Lauria - Associate Professor
- Giulia Bertagnolli - Research fellowship owner
Web site: datascience.maths.unitn.it